There are many reasons why selling your home to an investor can be a wise move. Financial woes may put you in a position where you need to sell your home, and fast. Getting it done with a real estate investor may be the surest way of getting everything you need, in a timely manner. Here are the top five reasons why you should consider selling your home to an investor:
1) There are no realtor commissions involved when you sell to an investor. Realtor commissions can be as high as 6% of the selling price. As there are generally no agents involved when selling to an investor, this is a great way to
keep your cash in your pocket. Some investors will even cover your escrow closing costs, which can add up fast.
2) Real estate investors don’t require any repairs or maintenance to be done to the property. We buy homes AS-IS. When you place your home on the market, it is almost guaranteed that the buyers will throw a “request for repairs” in your direction. If you don’t agree to all of the terms, it could be a deal breaker. Selling to an investor will save you that headache. I even tell my sellers that they can leave anything they want behind. Nobody likes packing, especially stuff you don’t want to keep.
3) Working with an investor can help you sell on your terms, whether you need to get out next week or need a couple months to find a new place. Most investors, such as myself, buy with cash. This means that there are no waiting on the lenders to fund. And sometimes the banks decide not to fund the loan at all. Trust me, that can be a BIG hang-up if you need to sell fast.
4) There is no need to hold open houses when you sell your home to an investor. Not only is it a nuisance to be forced out of your home every Saturday and Sunday, but it opens up your home to potential theft. You don’t know who is coming in and out of your home. And while a realtor can usually keep a pretty good eye on the place, things can happen during busy hours.
5) Investors get the deal done. We buy homes every month. We don’t get “cold feet” as many traditional buyers do. A home that needs repairs can really scare off potential buyers. Investors know how to get the repairs done and have a crew waiting to do it.
Call me today if you think selling to an investor might be the right choice for you! 310-916-3452